Brother printers are one of the best and high-resolution printers with many features and that is why it is preferable for office works. But people are facing the offline status problem in brother printers. There can be lots of reasons behind the brother printer offline status such as paper jam or empty ink cartridges or maybe the printer is not connected properly to your computer and many more. In this blog, we are going to resolve the problem of offline status on mac and windows 10.
How to fix brother printer offline windows 10?
You can easily fix the problem of offline status on windows 10 by following these simple steps:
- Set your printer as the default printer otherwise your system will not choose your printer whenever you will try to print out.
- Go to the control panel.
- Tap on devices and printers.
- Then, set your printer as default.
- If you have pause your printer by mistake then, fix it otherwise it will not work.
- Cancel all the history and printing jobs. Maybe this is the reason that printer is showing offline status.
- If you have not updated your printer’s firmware then, update it.
- Go to the official website of the brother printer.
- Search the version of your operating system.
- Then, click on the updated printer’s firmware.
- Tap on the update button by clicking on the bottom of the screen.
- Update the latest printer driver.
- Firstly, remove your device.
- Then, go to the official website of the brother printer.
- After that, download the latest driver for your printer.
- Check whether your printer is turned on or not. Also, check the display of the printer that it Is showing any error or not.
- If it is showing the error “brother printer offline” then, try the above methods to fix it.
How to fix brother printer offline Mac?
To change your printer’s status online on Mac, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Check whether your printer is connected to the computer properly or not.
- Check your printer is turned on or not.
- Also, check the sheets tray, maybe any paper is stuck in it.
- Try to reset all the connections with Mac.
- Click on the “Apple” and check whether any update is available or not.
- Check the sheets tray has enough papers and ink cartridges are not empty.
- Check your printer is connected to Wi-Fi or not.
- Install the latest version of firmware into your brother printer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is my brother printer not connected?
There can be lots of reasons behind it. The most common issue is that the printer is not connected to the computer properly. To fixing this issue, unplug all the wires then, properly reconnect it and try to print again.
How to get Brother printer connected to wifi?
- Download I print and scan app from the Google play store.
- Open it and hit the settings option.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi.
- Then, find the name of your printer’s network.
- Enter your password and your brother printer will easily connect to the Wi-Fi.
How to connect brother printer to wifi?
- Go to the start button.
- Click on control panels.
- Select the option of networks.
- Then, add your network and hit the ok button.
To conclude, if your brother printer is showing the error “brother printer offline” and you want to fix it on your Windows 10 and Mac then, try these easy and simple steps that are mentioned above. These steps are already tried and it will surely help you in turning your offline status online.