This article will help you with the steps for the Canon wireless printer setup and if you are facing the issues such as errors such as canon mx490 won’t connect to wifi then this article will be helpful to you. So, here you will get the instructions to set up Windows and Mac. So, let’s quickly go through the special features provided according to the printer model.
What to do before Canon Pixma MX 490 printer setup?
Here are the steps that you need to perform before you establish the Canon Pixma MX 490 printer:
- Make sure that the printer is turned on that can be identified by the power lamp.
- Tap on the setup button of your Canon Pixma MX 490 printer.
- Thereafter, you have to select the “Wireless LAN” set up by tapping on the side arrow option.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- By now, the printer will start searching from the compatible wireless routers.
- If you are still unable to connect then run the “Diagnostic tool” option.
Canon Pixma MX 490 Wireless printer setup for Windows
Here are the steps that you need to follow to make a wireless connection for Windows:
- You need to make sure that the printer, router, and Windows PC are turned on.
- Connect your Canon Pixma MX490 printer via the wireless router that is already mentioned.
- Now, you have to download the printer driver on your Windows computer by visiting the canon official website.
- From the given list, then select the printer model and then click on the “Download” option.
- Once the downloading process completes, click on the driver package option to open the setup.
- Finish the setup process by following the steps on the screen.
- Click on the “Start” button on Windows on your pc to explore the Control Panel.
- Now, select the “Devices and Printers” from the window that comes on the next screen.
- Click on the “Add Printer” option from the upper left corner from the list of the installed printers.
- Select the printer and then wait for few minutes.
- Finally, the Canon printer will display the Green checkmark and you will be ready for the user.
Canon Pixma MX 490 Wireless printer setup for Mac
Here is how you can set up the wireless Canon Pixma MX 490 printer for Mac:
- First of all, you have to ensure that both the printer and system are connected to the same network after switching on the printer and the wifi router.
- Taking the help of the first section of the write-up, connect the printer to the wifi network.
- Now, install the latest version of the printer driver by visiting the canon printer website.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines and complete the process to download the driver.
- Further, from the Apple menu, you have to select the “System Preferences” option.
- Thereafter, you need to tap on the “Printers and scanners” from the new window.
- Now, from the next window, click on the “+” icon to add your printer.
- Just select the printer from the drop-down list.
- Congratulations! Your canon Pixma 490 printer will be connected to the Mac system.
How to fix canon mx490 won’t connect to wifi error?
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to fix the Canon printer error:
- First of all, you need to check the printer for the wifi network it should be turned On.
- Now, check the computer/ laptop wifi settings, wifi connections shouldn’t be restricted.
- Make sure the same printer is added to the computer and then go to the “Set as default”.
- You need to check whether the PC is in airplane mode or off.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this topic, we hope that you have clarity about the set of instructions to fix the canon mx490 that won’t connect to wifi. However, if you still have queries related to the canon printer offline error then you are suggested to visit the official website and get assistance from the experts or technicians online available on the website.