HP Printers gives you an amazing printing experience. Whether you are trying to print a document, art or a piece of paper the print quality is always great. Nowadays the trend of wireless printers is going on. People are loving to use HP wireless printers. If you have also bought a brand-new HP Printer and looking to establish the connection between your printer and router then you are on the right page. Today we are going to guide you on how to find WPS PIN on HP Printer and the process to connect your HP Printer to your router wirelessly in this post.
HP Printers are laced with Wireless Setup Wizard technology and you can easily connect your printer to your router by finding the 8-digit unique code or WPS Pin on your printer. You can also connect your router to your printer using the WPS button available on your router. So, with no further delay, let’s move forward to learn about WPS Pin and the method to establish the connection between your printer and router.
What is a WPS PIN?
The WPS Pin is an 8-digit unique code that allows you to establish the connection between your printer and router. Using this technology, you can easily connect your printer to your router wirelessly. WPS technology was introduced in 2006 that provides a high-security network of connection between two devices. You can find the WPS Pin on HP Printer by navigating to the wireless settings
Where to find the WPS Pin on your Printer?
In most of the modern versions of HP Printers like HP LaserJet, HP Envy 4520, HP Officejet 4650 the WPS PIN for your wireless connection is generated on the top of your screen. In case you are using the old versions of HP Printers then you may experience some difficulty to find the WPS PIN on your printer. The steps to find the WPS Pin are concluded in this article, you can easily find it by reading this article.
Types of WPS connection method
There are mainly two ways to establish the connection between your printer and computer such as push-button and WPS Pin. You should prefer the method depending on your HP Printer. If you are using a non-screen printer then you need to approach the WPS button method. If your printer is laced with a screen then you can go through the WPS Pin method to establish the connection between your printer and router. We have mentioned the steps for both the ways below in this post.
Method to connect HP Printer via WPS Pin
The steps to find the WPS Pin on HP Printer and to connect it using the WPS PIN code are introduced below.
- Plug in your HP Printer and turn it on
- Once your printer is turned on, restart it before heading to the next step
- Now, you need to visit the HP Printer control panel and tap on the ‘Wireless’ button
- After tapping on the wireless button, the blue light will start blinking
- Now, look for the ‘WiFi Protected Setup’ option and tap on it
- Approach the ‘WiFi Protected Setup’ option and choose the ‘WPS PIN’
- Now, an 8-digit WPS PIN code will be shown on the display of your computer
- The WPS Pin is shown for 8-10 seconds on the display of your HP Printer
- In case you have not noted the WPS PIN that was shown on the display of the printer then you may need to generate it again by approaching the same steps
- Now, you need to enter the WPS Pin to your computer that you have found on your HP Printer
Note: After going through the above steps, you will be able to find the WPS Pin on HP Printer and connect it to your computer or router. If you are using a non-touchscreen printer then you may need to approach another way to establish the connection on HP Printer.
Connect HP Printer Via WPS Button
The steps to find the WPS Pin on HP Printer and connect it via the WPS button are given below:
- Navigate to the control panel of your HP Printer and tap on the ‘Wireless’ button
- You will notice that the green light has started flashing
- Head to your router, and find the WPS button from the backside
- Now, long-press the WPS button and let the light blinking on the router itself
- Now Your HP printer is wirelessly connected to the computer.
- Finally, you have connected your HP Printer to your router’s network via the WPS button
To sum up, the WPS PIN is like a trusted code that let your HP Printer connect with your router’s network. The process to find the WPS Pin on HP Printer is easy and clear. You can generate the WPS PIN code by visiting the wireless setup wizard on your printer. If you are experiencing the HP Printer Offline issue then you need to take the help of HP Assistant to fix it. In this post, we have mentioned the steps for the WPS Pin connection method.