Brother Printers are supposed to work in such a manner that they won’t give technical glitches to you when you use them. However, sometimes you might experience some unexpected issues with it and the most problematic situation is when a brother printer won’t turn on. Well, there could be several factors responsible for this issue due to which your printer fails to turn on. This sometimes might become the biggest hurdle, especially when you need to print something urgently.
But, do not get frightened if the same is happening with you as well because this post shall cover different aspects related to the issue you are facing.
So, one by one let us learn all these important details!
Why won’t my Brother printer turn on?
Below are given some of the major reasons why your printer fails to turn on even after everything seems fine:
- The cords that are connecting the printer to the power outlet are not properly plugged in
- Apart from this, if your printer is facing a brother printer offline issue, then also it would not turn on
- Due to a short circuit, the ink in your cartridges might have leaked due to which it is not turning on
- You are not pressing the power button firmly
- There is an issue with the power cord, either it is damaged or broken
- Your printer is not clean
Fix brother printer won’t turn on after power outage
If your printer fails to turn on after a power outage, you will experience issues such as Brother Printer not printing and more. In this situation, you should try to restore power in it. For this,
- Remove the power cord from the printer
- Keep it like that for half a minute
- Then, press and hold the Power button on it
- Next, insert the power cord back to its place
- Keep the power button pressed for 15 seconds
- See if the printer turns on or not
If that doesn’t help, see if the printer has gone into sleep mode. If yes, then disable the sleep mode of your printer.
Troubleshooting a printer that won’t turn on
For brother troubleshooting printer won’t turn on, follow the procedures given below:
Method 1- re-establish the connectivity
The first thing you should do in this case is removing the power cord of your printer from the wall outlet. Keep it removed for some time and then plug it back in again. Further, you have to keep pressing the power button for some time until you see it turning on.
Method 2- clean the printer
Take a soft and damp cloth and open your printer. Then, using the same cloth, clean the leakages from the cartridges. Sometimes, the leakage becomes quite tough to get rid of causing issues with your printer.
Method 3- disable the sleep mode
If your brother printer won’t turn on, it might have gone to sleep mode already. Therefore, you should turn off the sleep mode to check if the issue persists or not. To check if the printer is in sleep mode:
- Simply, press the LCD of your printer
- Check if it shows the date or time
- If you don’t see anything, it means the printer is not powered on
- If you see the date or time, then it was probably in the sleep mode
Besides performing the steps mentioned in this post, you may also try to clean the printhead or the printer entirely. If that doesn’t help, you might need to take the help of a technician or replace the printer. You may also try to remove the USB cable from the back of your printer and plug it back in again. This will surely help you to get rid of the Brother printer won’t turn on issue.