If you are an Epson printer user then you need to understand that the Epson printers are listed amongst the top affordable printers and that is one of the key reasons to choose amongst these printers. On the contrary, the Epson printers are like the other printers and they can get the issues or technical glitches too. When it comes to print, there can be some common errors that are generally faced by the users such as printing blank pages, not being connected with wifi, or Epson printer won’t print black and white without color ink. Through this article, you will be explained that there are certain troubleshooting steps that can help you if you are a beginner and do not have any idea to deal with such situations. So, let us begin with the steps to fix the errors!
Why won’t my Epson printer print?
If you have an Epson printer and your prints are not clear or incomplete, you get the prints with streaks and with lines then there are chances that you have a clogged nozzle. This is one of the common issues that are faced by many users who use the Epson printers. It is an unavoidable situation that the print heads clog over time as a small residue dries up and gets collected on the nozzles. There can be other reasons such as issues in the Hardware or printing drivers.
Fix- Epson printer won’t print black and white without color ink
If you wish to deal with this error then you are suggested to follow the steps that are given here:
- First of all, you need to open the “File” menu or click and then select the “Print” option.
- Make sure the product is selected as the printer.
- Now, tap on the “Properties or Preferences” option.
- Just tap on the “Main or Advanced” tab.
- Followed by this, click on the “Ok” option.
Point to remember: If you are now not able to fix the Epson printer won’t print black and white without color ink then it is suggested to follow the guidelines that are directed by the customer support team from the help website.
How to deal with the “Epson printer not printing properly” issue?
It is indeed a very frustrating situation when your Epson printer not printing properly, especially when you need the document on an urgent basis and such a situation occurs. There are steps that you need to consider to fix the issue when you are confused why won’t my Epson printer print. Let us begin with the steps that will help you:
- You need to check the printer connection.
- Remember, if it’s a wireless printer, and check that the Internet is running Ok.
- Disconnect and then reconnect the printer to the network.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as devices.
- For a USB-connected printer, you need to check that the cables are seated correctly in the ports.
- Change the USB port to see if there is any change.
- Set the printer as a default printer.
- For this, go to the “Start” menu, go to the “Settings”, followed by the “Devices” option, and then click on the “Printers & Scanners” option.
- Now, select the Epson printer and tap on the “Manage” followed by “Set as default.
- You can uncheck the “Let Windows manage my default printer” box to allow the system to use the recent printer.
- Uncheck the ink cartridges, for this, go to the “Start” menu, followed by “Settings” and then click on the “Devices” and then tap on the “Printers &Scanners”.
- Right-tap on the Epson printer and then the “Printing preferences” option.
- In the “Maintenance” tab and tap on the “Epson Status Monitor.
- You have to clear all the print jobs.
- Tap on the “Windows key + R” key to open the “Run” box.
- Type the services.msc in the box.
- Look for the Print spooler and then right-click on the “Stop” option.
- On your desktop, you have to open the “File Explorer” and in the address bar, type “%windir%System32spoolPRINTERS”.
- Delete all the files in the folder.
- Now, go back to the “Print Spooler” service and right tap on the “Start” option.
- Click on the “Ok” option.
Note: After the completion of the steps with the help of the steps above, you are recommended to take a test print to check whether the printer is now printing or not.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this topic, we hope that you have clarity about the Epson printer troubleshooting along with the reason why won’t Epson printer print. However, if you are still stuck with a situation that says Epson Printer offline, then you are recommended to visit the official website and get the customer support team to get assistance and resolve the issue (If any). Furthermore, you will get more information related to the topic or the issues similar to the error.