The printer shows an offline status when there is an issue with printing and when the printer is not properly connected to the computer. There are some benefits of turning your printer status offline as others cannot use your printer or kids cannot damage it as you can block its access. You will get to know that your printer is offline by looking at the mark which is inside of the triangle. We can resolve this issue by following some easy steps. In this blog, we are going to discuss that how to can change printer status to online when it is offline in Mac and Windows 10.
Methods to change printer status to online windows 10:
If you want to fix the printer status from offline to online you can follow the steps that are mentioned below:
Change the status of the printer
- Open the setting of windows.
- Select “printers and scanners”.
- Then, click on the name of the printer you want to change to online and select “Open queue”.
- After that, select “printer offline”.
- Select the “printer online” option.
- Select yes and the status will change to online.
Turn your printer off
If your printer is offline and is not turning on, you can restart your printer. Turn your printer off and wait for at least 2 minutes and then turn it on. Check whether your problem is resolved or not. Make sure that your printer is connected to the computer.
Select “run the troubleshooter”
- Go to your settings.
- Then, go to “update and security”.
- After that, click on “troubleshoot”
- Your screen will now display – “Run the troubleshooter”.
- Click on it and printer status will change.
If your printer’s network is not connected to your computer then your status will be shown as offline. If your printer is connected to a different computer instead of your computer then, you have to resolve this issue.
Detach the printer and connect again
If your printer is still offline and you have tried all the above-mentioned steps then, detach the printer from your computer and connect again.
- Remove the plug of the printer.
- Select “devices”.
- Remove the printer.
- Again connect your printer’s plug.
- Then, add the printer.
Methods to change printer status to online Mac:
- If your printer is offline on Mac, you can change it back to online by following these steps:
- Check whether all the wires of your printer are connected to your computer or not. Also, make sure your printer is power on.
- Check that the paper tray has enough sheets and ink cartridges are full of ink. Maybe that is why your printer showing offline status.
- Try to restart your printer by clicking on the Apple menu on the screen.
- Select “print and scan” and you will see a list of printers, click on your printer, and a yellow color light will appear. Then, click next.
To conclude, if you are facing problems in changing the printer’s status online then, the above-mentioned steps will help you to change it. By following these steps you can change printer status to online.