We can print a document very easily but what to do in that case when your printer is displaying an offline status. If your printer is showing an offline status for no reason, a few steps can help you to get it back to online and you can print again. “printer offline mac” is a condition when your printer stops to respond to your print commands on a Mac device. So, below we shall find out what are the reasons responsible for this issue.
Reasons for a printer being offline:
- Maybe the printer cables are not connected properly.
- There might be a problem with the printer driver maybe it needs an update or it is not installed.
- There might be an incorrect setting in the printer or any incomplete print which causing an error and that is why the printer not responding.
Solutions to solve the issue of the offline status of a printer on a Mac:
- Restart the Mac as Mac problems can be solved by a simple restart.
- Turn off the printer, unplug it, wait for 30 seconds and plug it again and turn it on.
- Be sure that your printer is connected to the network. If the printer is connected but says offline mac, then make sure the cable is plugged in if the printer is physically connected to the computer.
- Delete any open or incomplete print which causing the error. Make sure to delete open print jobs.
- You can uninstall the printer and can install it again. It will give your printer a fresh start.
- You can reset Mac’s printing system when mac says printer is offline but it will remove some permissions and setting. So, there is a risk in it.
- Have a look at the printer as it is set as the default or not.
To conclude, we mentioned a lot of ways to get back your printer to online. You can try these ways to solve the issue of offline printer. If your printer is still not responding then you can turn off the printer and turn it on again, you can do it many times and maybe your printer will show you the online status.