HP Printers are developed to deliver top-notch printing services to their users but sometimes it may start to show technical glitches and that’s when the real problem begins. Due to longer usage or some external factors, you might get a cartridge jam error on your printer. Due to this, many users think of buying a new printer because they had to accomplish some important tasks. But, this should be the last thing you should by trying because there are some working troubleshooting solutions that will help you in getting rid of the issue. Below you will find the Solutions to clear HP Printer carriage jam error.
Ways to clear carriage jam in HP Printer
Method 1- Reboot your printer
- First of all, you need to press the Power button on your printer
- After that, you have to wait patiently for a minute
- Now, press the power button once again
- After that, you have to print the test report
- Check if the error clears or stays. If it does, then move to the next step
Method 2- Remove the jammed paper
Removing any jammed paper from the printer might help you in fixing the issue at the earliest:
- For this, you need to open the rear access door of your printer
- To remove the door, press the two release tabs on the two ends
- After removing the door, clear off the jammed paper from it
- Take off the paper very carefully from it
- Also, take off the torn papers from it
- Now, replace the access door that you removed earlier
If you are still experiencing that the printer not printing then you may go to the next section.
Method 3- Re-connect the cords
- First, you need to press the power button on your printer
- Now, disconnect the power cord
- Also, remove the USB cord or Ethernet cable from it
- Now, lift the front access door of the printer
- Look for the pieces of paper and remove them, if any
If HP Printer offline error still shows while you are trying to print, then you may continue with the next method.
Method 4- inspect your printer manually
- First, you have to turn off your HP Printer
- Now, remove the rear access door of the printer
- Inspect for the jammed or torn pieces of paper
- Remove them one by one carefully
- Replace the access door back to its place
You can also print a test report to check if the error has been resolved or not.
Fix HP Printer cartridge stuck right side
If you are seeing that your HP Printer’s cartridge is stuck on the right side, then you may follow the steps that are given here:
- First, you have to move the cartridge in a back and forth motion
- Then, move them to the left to the right position
- Now, remove and reconnect the power cord
- Next up, you have to press the power button
- Now, print a test report from your printer
In case you still see the jam, you have to try one of the methods given above.
This is how you can get rid of the HP Printer carriage jam error on your hp PhotoSmart c5280 or hp envy 4520 printers. If the error still persists, then it is time that you should hire a professional who can help you in fixing this issue in no time. You may also get help from HP Support for resolving this issue. Else, you might have to replace your printer with a new one.