It doesn’t matter what HP printer you are working on, sometimes you see a message on the screen saying “hp printer out of paper”, which disturbs you while printing important documents. This error can be due to the use of outdated firmware. Remember, once you have encountered such issues the HP printer will keep on saying the same error, and sometimes you will face hp printer offline errors also. In order to fix this issue, all you need is to go through this article and get the troubleshooting steps to fix the HP printer out of paper error. So, let us dive in for more pieces of information!
Why hp printer keeps saying out of paper?
The paper might not be properly engaged with the feed rollers. There are other reasons such as
- The paper-width guide is pressed against the paper stack too tightly.
- The Paper tray is not properly inserted into the printer.
- The paper settings in the print driver do not match the paper loaded in the paper tray.
Hp printer out of paper- Troubleshooting steps
There can be four ways to fix the situation when your hp printer won’t print, here are they:
- Reset your HP printer: For this, you need to disconnect the power cord without turning off the printer. After this, wait for 30 seconds and then reconnect the power cord again. Now, tap on the “Power” button to turn on the printer.
- Watch out for the quantity of paper that is to be inserted in the tray: Just remove the paper rack from the tray and use 25 sheets on the tray and tap the stack of the paper. After this, you have to put the loaded paper inside the tray and try to print it.
- Clean the rollers and try to print again: Clean the dust, paper fiber, and other dirt issues that are collected on the paper feed rollers. For this, all you need is to tap on the Power button and turn off the computer. Just wait and disconnect the power cord. After this open the access door and search for the large rubber rollers. Clean the rollers gently and try to print again.
- Choose to make the changes in the Photo paper settings: First, if all you have to tap on the “File”, “Print” and the “Properties” option in the app that you are using to print the file. After this, you have to tap on the “Paper/Quality” option and then select the appropriate paper size. Now, you have to click on the option labeled as “OK” and then wait for the document to get printed.
Point to understand: If you are still unclear about the tips and tricks to resolve the hp printer won’t print error, then visit the website.
Fix- hp printer out of paper error when it’s not
To fix this issue, you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, check the Paper and reload it.
- Now, check the Back panel cover of the printer.
- Reset the printer.
- After this, you have to clean the rollers of the printer.
- Just cross-check if the Printer spooler is Running.
- Tap the cached Print jobs.
- Update the printer driver.
- Check if the Printer is compatible with Windows 10.
Fix- hp printer says out of paper but it’s not taking paper
In order to fix the hp printer says out of paper but it’s not taking paper you have to follow the steps that are given below:
- Tap on the clean paper pick rollers.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Raise the input tray.
- Just pull the input tray guard back and hold it so you can look inside the input tray.
- Scroll down through the open input tray and find the gray paper pick rollers.
By the end of this topic, we are hoping that you can now deal with the hp printer out of paper. However, if you are still stuck with the issue and not able to resolve it, then it is recommended you visit the official HP support webpage and get your issues fixed. The tech experts will help you with the proper set of solutions for the queries you have.