Everything was working fine with your printer and suddenly you come across a nightmare in the form of a printer error that tells you that your printer is offline. Printing with an offline printer is next to impossible and as a result of this, you should try to get it back online as soon as possible. This post has everything you have been looking for to get your printer back online. So, if you have been lately thinking that your printer is offline how to turn online, then we shall help you with the same. This post covers the methods to fix the error on Windows 10 and Mac.
How to get a printer online Windows 10?
Method 1- Use the ‘Settings’ menu to get it back online
- Open the ‘Settings’ menu of Windows 10.
- Tap on the ‘Devices’ option.
- Then, select ‘Printers & scanners.’
- From the right-pane, choose your printer.
- Select the ‘Open queue’ option.
- Then, choose the ‘Printer’ tab.
- Or, click ‘Use Printer Offline.’
- Make sure the check-mark is removed from it.
After waiting for a while, you will see that the printer has come back online.
Method 2- using the Device Manager
- Right-tap on the ‘Start’ button.
- And, tap on ‘Device Manager.’
- On this screen, select the ‘Action’ tab.
- Then, choose ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Right-tap on the offline printer.
- It will show as faded grey.
- Then, choose ‘See what’s printing.’
- Now, select the ‘Printer’ tab.
- Then, choose ‘Use Printer Offline.’
- Wait until your printer gets back online.
Method 3- Troubleshoot the printer
- Open Settings > Devices > Troubleshoot.
- Then, select the ‘Printer’ option under the same section.
- In the menu that appears, choose ‘Run the Troubleshooter.’
- Let the troubleshooter run and you’ll see suggestions to resolve the issue.
- Here, you can use the option to set your printer as the default one.
- After that, apply the changes and you’re done.
How to get a printer online Mac?
Method 1- Do some basic troubleshooting
- Check all the cables and verify if everything is in its place.
- Be sure that the cables are not loose.
- Also, check for the faulty wires.
- Check and remove any paper-jamming issues.
- Verify if there is enough ink in the cartridges.
- Install the available printer driver updates.
- Restart your device and printer.
Method 2- Resume printing
- Tap on the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- For this, open the Dock’ on your Mac.
- Then, choose the ‘Print and Scan’ option.
- Now, double-tap on your printer.
- Next, choose the ‘Resume’ option.
Method 3- reset the system of the printer
- Tap on the ‘Apple’ menu.
- Choose ‘System Preferences.’
- And, then click ‘Print & Scan.’
- Right-click on your printer.
- At the same time, press the Ctrl key.
- Choose ‘Reset Printing System.’
This is how to get a printer online.
How do I get my hp printer back online?
If you are using your HP Printer on a Windows device, then you may try one or all of the methods given in the Windows section. In case you are seeing HP Printer offline on Mac, then you can try the methods given in the Mac section.
If you are still coming across printer offline issues, then you must use the help articles on Fixprinteroffline.com. Apart from this, you can also get it to a service center and get the issue fixed. Else, it is time to bring a new printer home.