Are you looking to reset your Brother Printer? Well! Resetting a printer is not so difficult and you can do so easily by approaching some tactics. But before this, let’s figure out that why you need to reset a printer. Whenever you face a printing issue with your Brother Printer, resetting your printer would be a quick solution to fix the printing issue with it. Resetting the Brother Printer will push it into factory defaults settings. After resetting your printer, you need to go through the printer setup process. So, if you are also interested to know the way to reset your printer to factory settings then this post is going to be only for you. With no further delay, let’s move forward to discuss the way to hard reset your printer.
How Do I Reset My Brother Printer to Factory Settings?
Before approaching the steps, make sure to unplug the Brother Printer from the AC power source. On your printer, implement the steps that are introduced below to reset your printer to factory settings:
- Visit the Control Panel on your printer and select the ‘Initial Setup’ option
- Use the Up or Down arrow key to choose the ‘Reset’ option, click OK
- Now, find the ‘Factory Reset’ option and click on the ‘OK’ button
- Find the Up arrow and click on it to choose the ‘Reset’ option
- Now, press the Up arrow to restart your Brother Printer
- Finally, you have completed the steps to reset Brother Printer successfully
Note: After going through the above steps, your Brother Printer will go into default factory mode. Now, you need to approach the way to establish a WiFi connection on your printer to restart the printing work.
Hard reset Brother Printer
To hard reset your Brother Printer, do the following:
- Confirm that your Brother Printer is turned on
- Now, remove both cartridges from your printer
- Then, you need to remove the power cord from the AC power source
- Also, remove other cables that are plugged into your printer
- Wait up to 10-15 minutes and plug in back the removed cables to the printer and AC power source
- Now, open the printer and insert cartridges back into its place
- Then, turn on the Brother Printer
- Finally, you have completed the steps to hard reset your Brother Printer
Reset Brother Printer to default settings
To enable the default settings on your Brother Printer, follow the steps that are given below:
- On the control panel of your printer, open the dashboard
- Find and choose the ‘Setup’ option on your Brother Printer
- Then, click on the ‘Printer Maintenance’ option
- Now, choose the ‘Restore’ option
- Then, click on the ‘Restore factory defaults’ option
- A confirmation message will be prompted on your Brother Printer
- Wait for a while and let your printer complete the restarting process
- Finally, you have completed the steps to reset the Brother Printer to factory default settings
To sum up, Brother Printer can be reset easily and quickly. This action may help you to fix the printing-related issues on your printer. If you are not able to reset your printer then you can approach the steps to hard reset your printer. We have concluded the steps to reset Brother Printer to default settings above in this post. The printer reset process will also help you to fix the Brother Printer offline issue on your Brother Printer. You can easily reset your printer by selecting the “Factory Reset” in the initial setup of your Brother Printer.