Lexmark has been providing exclusive technically advanced imaging solutions since its inception. They offer IoT and cloud-enabled innovative technologies for several imaging tasks and help people across the world with achieving simplicity, security, sustainability, and savings with printed outputs. Here, in this read, you’ll get to know about the issue when your Lexmark printer goes offline and how you can reset Lexmark ink cartridge chip. But let’s begin with why you should be choosing Lexmark printers.
Features that stand out
So, before you get involved in how you can reset Lexmark ink cartridge, listed below are the major characteristics that help you in deciding that Lexmark printers are a great option:
- Versatility with printing tasks.
- Security for printed documents.
- Economical for every business size.
- Award-winning printer models.
- Multi-functional (print, scan, secure).
Why does the printer status go offline?
This section is to help you understand the Lexmark printer offline problem. After all, why would you and how would you reset Lexmark ink cartridge, if you do not know the cause of the action. The major and the most common reason for this issue is outdated or damaged print drivers. Other causes include:
- Printer setting is adjusted to “Offline” status.
- Fault in the USB connection of printer and computer.
- Problems or obstacles with the in-use hardware.
- Low levels of ink in the ink cartridge.
What is an ink cartridge chip?
Lexmark printers come with memory chips that are meant to store errors, every details/data that is related to maintenance and ink cartridge levels. Knowing about these chips might help with answering the question of how can you reset Lexmark ink cartridge. So, some important things to know are:
- Cartridge chips are designed to create links between devices either via radio frequency or by direct contact.
- They are settled on a very small circuit board for the very purpose.
- They usually have a memory to store data otherwise they have processors that help them respond correctly.
- To let the printer about the validity of the correct cartridge, it has specific cartridge data.
Resolution steps to the above problem
Your printer going offline can be solved with two resolution methods- one is performing the power cycle, and the other is to reset Lexmark ink cartridge chip. Let’s take a look at the steps involved in the two procedures.
- Switch your printer off and detach it from the power cable.
- Give it at least a minute or two to reset the Lexmark ink cartridge.
- Reattach the power cable and switch the printer on.
- Ensure that the reset is complete by checking the ink levels.
Resetting the ink cartridge chip
- Shut the printer off and remove the power cable.
- Make a desirable refill-kit purchase for the printer.
- Switch on your printer with “Ready” and “Return”.
- Keep holding it till you get on the self-testing page.
- Go for “Diagnostics Mode” then “Maintenance Count”.
- Move on to “Reset” for automatic results.
- Now, use “Return” to go back to “Diagnostics Mode”.
- Finish with sending a print job and ensure it works.
Note: Although these steps are easy and effective, there’s a possibility that they won’t help you fix the problem. In such a case, you need to get in touch with their customer support team and ask for help and assistance.
Lexmark printers have great features that make them stand out and their designs, successfully, provide users (home and office- all business sizes) with the ultimate imaging solutions. Using extremely new and innovative print services with IoT and cloud-enabled technologies has yielded a lot of customer utility. Mentioned above are the features of these printers, a common issue printers face and its causes, about the ink cartridge chips, and how you can reset Lexmark ink cartridge chip. Choosing a Lexmark printer means premium technology print results at all times.