HP is a renowned brand and deals in the new age electronic devices like laptops, printers, and other related accessories. These products have been dominating the market with their extraordinary specifications and hi-tech advancements. Its printers have several variations offering unique features for users. It offers all-in-one or multifunction, photo inkjet, single-function inkjet, and several laser printers. But even they are liable to experience issues. The “HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 offline” is one such issue among several others. We’ll be discussing the issue in detail including the steps involved in resolving the issue. However, even with issues, HP has managed and succeeded in staying on top of its share of the market. Let’s move ahead and discuss it with elaboration.
Causes and Resolution for the issue
It is thoroughly inspected that users face the “HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 offline” problem, mostly, because of a bad or unreliable wired/wireless network. Other reasons are changes in the settings of the printer and outdated printer firmware/driver. This issue can easily be resolved by using the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. Let’s look at the resolution steps:
- Start by downloading the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Move on to installing the HPPSdr.exe setup file offline.
- Launch the tool and go for “Start” on the Welcome Screen.
- Choose the printer model from the given menu.
- Follow the prompted instructions for fixing connection issues.
- Hit on the “Fix Printing” option on the page.
- When prompted, hit on “Yes” to enable updates.
Note: If you are unable to find your printer model in the menu, choose “Retry”.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 keeps going offline on Windows 10
Since HP Printers work best with Windows, it is common that users with Windows 10, encounter this problem quite often. The basic reason why the HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 offline issue occurs is that for some reason, it has difficulty in connecting and/or communicating with your computer system. There are a few steps you have to undergo to fix the issue:
- Check if the printer’s built-in menu displays the connected network.
- Then go for “Start” > Move on to the “Settings” option.
- Get into the “Devices” option> Then to the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Select the printer model> Go for the “Open Queue” option.
- Ensure that you have not opted for the “Use Printer Offline” mode.
Another method to do this more quickly is:
- Unplug your printer and restart it.
- Check your wired or wireless network.
- Go through the uninstalling and reinstalling process.
- Ensure updating to the latest printer driver.
- Empty and reset the print spooler.
- Ensure the printer status is “Online”.
Changing HP Printer to Online
You might find “HP Printer Offline” in your printer settings to be the major reason behind HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 offline issue. Let’s see how to change printer status to online:
- Choose to go to the “Start” icon on your screen.
- Go for “Control Panel” and then get into “Devices and Printers”.
- Use a single right-click the Printer question.
- Hit on the option saying “See what’s printing”.
- Go for the “Printer” option in the newly opened window.
- Go to the drop-down list and hit on “Use Printer Online”.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 offline issue is very common for a lot of users, and especially for the ones who use Windows 10 to connect and operate their printers. Mentioned above are the causes of the issue and resolution steps with the HP Print and Scan Doctor. There are also resolution methods for the issue on Windows 10 and steps to change the printer status. This read will help you fix the issue with minimum effort and assistance.