Despite giving an amazing print output, Xerox printers may sometimes show an offline status while you try to print from them. There could be several factors responsible for the Xerox printer offline issue on your device. But, what is more, important here, is to figure out the solutions to fix the error. In the sections given below, we shall have a glance at the methods to resolve the issue as fast as possible.
Why is my Xerox printer showing offline?
Following are the main reasons why your printer is showing offline again and again:
- Most probably, there is a lack of connection between your Xerox printer and computer.
- Your device is not getting proper network connectivity.
- You have not installed the updates of your Xerox printer driver.
- Your printer is not online in the printer settings.
- The printer cables are loosely connected.
Why does my Xerox printer say offline on windows 10?
Your Xerox printer might show offline in our Windows 10 because it is unable to communicate with your printer or your Windows 10 is not having the latest updates of the Xerox Printer drivers. In this scenario, you should go to the ‘Printers & Scanners’ menu on your Windows from the Control Panel and see if it is set in the Use Printer Offline mode. In case it is, then you must disable this option as soon as possible.
How to Get Xerox Printer Back Online?
Try the solutions listed below to fix the Xerox printer offline issue without further ado.
Fix 1: turn off the ‘SNMP Status Enabled’ in the Windows Printer Port settings
- First, click on the ‘Start’ menu of the printer.
- Navigate to the Control Panel using the Search menu.
- Then, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Right-click on Xerox Printer model name.
- Select the ‘Printer Properties’ option to go ahead.
- Select the Ports tab > Configure Port and > deselect ‘SNMP Status Enabled’.
- Click on the ‘OK’ option two times and see if the error is resolved.
Fix 2: Check that the Machine is Set to Online
- Go to the Control Panel of your device.
- Press the [Login / Out] button to open the Log In window.
- Now, you need to enter the username and password.
- If you haven’t changed the login details, then enter admin as the username and 1111 as the password.
- Click ‘Done’ when you are done with entering the login details.
- Now, select the ‘Machine Status’ option on the Control Panel.
- Next up, select the ‘Tools’ tab on your screen.
- Choose the ‘Network Settings’ option.
- Select Online/Offline > Online > Close.
- Then, select the ‘Log In/Out’ button and choose ‘Logout’.
Fix 3: Perform a Software Reset or Power Off/On
- Doing so will clear the temporary files from your device.
- It also clears any corrupt data present in the volatile memory.
- Make sure you perform a software reset before the hard reset.
- In case a soft reset does not work, try powering off and on the printer.
- Keep the printer turned off for two minutes and turn it on again.
If all the methods given above could not help resolve the issue, then you must turn off the printer, remove the power cord from it and let it sit idle for longer than usual. After that, plug in all the cables back and then power on the printer like you usually do. Else, you need to perform a hard reset on your printer and reset its settings to default. This will definitely bring back the Xerox printer offline to online.
Xerox Printer Models –
|Xerox color printer
||Xerox phaser 6510/n Printer
||Xerox multifunction printer
|Xerox workcentre 7335 printer
||Xerox phaser 8560 printer
||Xerox phaser 8550 printer
|Xerox workcentre 3215 printer
||Xerox 3325 printer
||Xerox 3550 printer
|Xerox phaser 3600 printer
||Xerox 3655i printer
||Xerox 4265 printer
|Xerox 4622 printer
||Xerox workcenter 5330 printer
||Xerox 5945 printer
|Xerox 6022 printer
||Xerox workcenter 6027 printer
||Xerox 6125 printer
|Xerox phaser 6128mfp printer
||Xerox phaser 6180 MFP printer
||Xerox phaser 6350 dp printer
|Xerox workcentre 6505
||Xerox workcentre 7120
||Xerox 7132 printer